Our vision is an expression of how we see our school and what values we as parents, staff and pupils want to work towards. The school’s vision is created with input and discussion from pupils and staff and will be reviewed regularly.
“At Ferryhill we have a culture of ambition and achievement. We support each other to reach our full potential in all areas of life.”
We aim to do this by:
- Promoting the main principles of the UNCRC: Non-discrimination, The Best Interests of the Child, The Right to Survival and The Views of the Child.
- Embrace the aims of cfe by providing experiences to develop successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributor.
- Celebrating and encouraging participation and achievement.
- Providing a safe and secure environment.
- Promoting Growth Mindsets: a climate whereby pupils expect success, to be challenged in their learning and learn from their mistakes.
- Prioritising ‘inclusion: ensuring learning is accessible to all, promoting equity, poverty proofing our school and celebrating diversity.
- Working in partnership with parents and with others in our community.
(Last reviewed January 2019)