Home Learning update
Firstly we want to thank you for your support towards the school through this uncertain time, our staff have been working hard to ensure school life has been as ‘normal’ as possible.
Following discussions, we have brought together what we view as the best way to deliver support for homeschooling for Ferryhill pupils.
This will be delivered in the following way:
- Seesaw will be used as the main platform to share learning
- Teachers will provide a list of topics which were planned
- A ‘Digital resource list’ will be shared on Seesaw
- Teachers will send a ‘Home Learning Grid’ each Monday with a selection of activities to complete
- Parents can share completed work back to the teachers through Seesaw where they will track work completed
- Teachers will be available to support home learning and any questions linked to this alone from the hours of 9am-3pm on Seesaw. However, some staff members may have to teach the key workers children or may become unwell themselves so replies may not be immediate.
- All pupils have a login for Sumdog and Education City, activities will be set weekly on Education City.
- All resources sent on Seesaw will also be available on the school website, below this information.
We are also learning through this challenging time and plans may change on how we will teach in the long term.